-IMPORTANT UPDATE –
NEWQUAY INTERNATIONAL BACKPACKERS
Covid-19 safety measures and new policies:
(September 2020 – onwards.)
As we re-open our doors to guests during these difficult times, we also welcome new procedures which will ensure we stay within the government guidelines.
There are some limitations to our facilities and we ask everyone who wishes to stay with us to respect and work with us to keep everyone safe and well.
We have displayed signs to help with social distancing measures and have hand sanitiser stations located around the hostel for you to use.
All areas are subjected to a strict and regular cleaning rota. Showers, toilets, doors and handles and any other surfaces will be cleaned with antibacterial spray.
We will not be allowing ‘walk-in’ guests. You must make contact prior to booking and arrival. This will give our staff a chance to explain our new procedures and covid-19 measures to each guest. This will hopefully avoid any surprises or disappointments. Also, to make your check-in process quicker, we will send you a copy of our procedures and registration forms to read and sign on arrival.
Booking directly with us over the phone is always preferred, we will take a 15% deposit. If you decide you cannot proceed with your booking, this small amount is non-refundable as all these arrangements must be made for individual bookings, as it is difficult to re-sell rooms at short notice. We now have a flat rate of £30 per person for our basic room, and a two-night minimum stay. We have a range of different rooms available so please ask if you require specific accommodation.
- Reception has a clear safety screen to reduce contact risk.
- Everyone is encouraged to wear a mask to check in, and in all shared parts of the hostel.
- We offer contactless card payments; this method is preferred and should be used wherever possible.
- We will only be accepting cash if you have no other method of payment.
- Reception will be open from 4pm -10pm for you to check in.
- Please arrange an exact time slot for your arrival.
- Unfortunately, we cannot allow any late check-ins.
- Everyone staying together must be present upon check in.
- The amount of people at the reception desk must be kept to a minimum. (eg. two at a time.)
- Everyone must have a current valid form of identification with photograph (eg driving licence or passport) and be over the age of 18 to check in.
- Everyone must fill in registration forms with contact details and address details. This includes signing to say you have read our covid-19 rules. This must be done with a member of staff.
- Everyone must fill in a security deposit form of £20 per person, please use card details.These are stored securely and then destroyed.
- Everyone will be given the key code for front door access only once check in is completed.
- For security, you must not give out this code to anyone. This will be changed regularly.
- Doors are kept locked at all times to prevent people walking in. Please do not open the door for anyone.
- Registered guests only, no visitors.
- Please check out of your room at 10:30am, or before.
- There is a key drop box available if you check out early before reception is open in the morning.
- We will be on duty between 10am and 11am for any check outs.
- Noise must be kept to a minimum after 10pm.
- Please be aware that two dogs live on-site. They are not allowed upstairs or in the guest rooms. Therefore, we do not allow guests to bring pets.
LIMITATIONS TO HOSTEL CAPACITY AND ROOM CAPACITY
Within government guidelines we are only allowing 2 people to share in one room (based on a 4 bed dorm room)
We have a variety of different room sizes and we have taken social distancing measures to ensure one bed is left unoccupied between guests. We also have single private rooms, a private twin room and double rooms. Please try and book these wherever possible.
After a guest checks out, all rooms are cleaned thoroughly using antibacterial cleaner. Bedding sheets are all washed and dried on a high temperature cleaning cycle. The room is left for 24 hours before the next guest can check in.
TEA AND COFFEE ARRANGEMENTS
We have provided some complementary warm drinks options, kettles and mugs to each room. Please only use your designated kettle and mug, and always use hand sanitiser provided. These are of course cleaned after each guest checks out.
SHOWERS and WASHROOMS
In some rooms we are able to have en-suite shower facilities. We also have a large shower room with wetsuit and surfboard storage area downstairs. Here we have 4 large private shower cubicles and toilet facilities.
We now have contactless hand sanitisers installed and signs displayed to remind guests of social distancing.
- Please not touch other people’s equipment in the surfboard and wetsuit areas.
- Please do not take surfboards and wetsuits upstairs.
- Outside areas have limited seating, and we also have smoking areas.
- Signs are displayed to remind guests of social distancing.
- Outside areas should not be used after 10pm to keep noise levels to a minimum.
COMMUNAL AREAS – TV ROOM, LOUNGE, DINING AREA and KITCHEN
When using communal areas please follow any signs displayed and give way wherever possible when using stairs and corridors.
With apologies, due to social distancing measures being harder to control in such areas, we have temporarily prohibited use of our TV room, sauna room and kitchen areas and we cannot provide any breakfast.
The lounge area and dining table has very limited seating for social distancing.
We apologise for any inconvenience; however, it is essential to close or limit these areas to the public. We hope that these limitations will benefit everybody’s health and safety in and around Newquay International Backpackers. Our full facilities will become available again as soon as government guidance permits.
Due to the seriousness of the covid-19 government guidelines, anyone seen to be disregarding these measures, may be asked to leave the hostel immediately.
WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY!
Opening times =
Monday to Thursday = 10am-11am and 4pm-10pm,
Friday, Saturday and Sunday = 10am – 10pm
Telephone = 01637 879366
or email = firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you enjoy your stay with us!!