As we re-open our doors to guests during these difficult times, we also welcome new procedures which will ensure we stay within the government guidelines.
There are some limitations to our facilities and we ask everyone who wishes to stay with us to respect and work with us to keep everyone safe and well.
We have displayed signs to help with social distancing measures and have hand sanitiser stations located around the hostel for you to use. All areas are subjected to a strict and regular cleaning rota. Showers, toilets, doors and handles and any other surfaces will be cleaned with antibacterial spray.
We will not be allowing ‘walk-in’ guests. You must make contact prior to booking and arrival. This will give our staff a chance to explain our new procedures and covid-19 measures to each guest. This will hopefully avoid any surprises or disappointments. Also, to make your check-in process quicker, we will send you a copy of our procedures and registration forms to read before you arrive.
We have a range of different rooms available so please ask if you require specific accommodation.
Booking directly with us over the phone is always preferred.
We will take a 15% deposit to secure your room
This is refundable only if you cancel before 48 hours of arrival.
You can also make a reservation online by using www.hostelworld.com or www.booking.com.
Any deposits when booking through these options are taken by these companies as commission so you must cancel through them.
- Reception has a clear safety screen to reduce contact risk.
- Everyone must wear a face mask to check in, and in all shared parts of the hostel.
- Everyone must scan the NHS covid-19 track and trace app.
- We offer contactless card payments; this method is preferred and should be used wherever possible.
- Reception will be open from 4pm -10pm for you to check in.
- Please arrange an exact time slot for your arrival.
- Everyone staying together must be present upon check in.
- The amount of people at the reception desk must be kept to a minimum. (eg. two at a time.)
- Everyone must have a current valid form of identification with photograph (eg. driving licence or passport) and be over the age of 18 to check in.
- Everyone must fill in registration forms with exact time of arrival, contact details and address details.
- This includes signing to say you have read our covid-19 rules. This must be done with a member of staff.
- Everyone must fill in a security deposit form of £20 per person, please use card details.These are stored securely and then destroyed.
- Everyone will be given the key code for front door access only once check in is completed.
- For security, you must not give out this code to anyone. This will be changed regularly.
- Doors are kept locked at all times to prevent people walking in. Please do not open the door for anyone.
- Registered guests only, no visitors.
- Please check out of your room at 10:30am. Leave the building before 11am.
- We will be on duty between 10am and 11am for any check outs.
- There is a key drop box available if you check out early before reception is open in the morning.
- Noise must be kept to a minimum after 10pm.
- Please be aware that two dogs live on-site. They are not allowed upstairs or in the guest rooms. Therefore, we do not allow guests to bring pets.
LIMITATIONS TO HOSTEL CAPACITY AND ROOM CAPACITY
Within government guidelines we are only allowing 2 people to share in one room (based on a 4 bed dorm room)
We have a variety of different room sizes and we have taken social distancing measures to ensure one bed is left unoccupied between guests. We also have single private rooms, a private twin room and double rooms. Please try and book these wherever possible.
After a guest checks out, all rooms are cleaned thoroughly using antibacterial cleaner. Bedding sheets are all washed and dried on a high temperature cleaning cycle. The room is left for 24 hours before the next guest can check in.
SHOWERS and WASHROOMS
In some rooms we are able to have en-suite shower facilities. We also have a large shower room with wetsuit and surfboard storage area downstairs. Here we have 4 large private shower cubicles and toilet facilities.
We now have contactless hand sanitisers installed and signs displayed to remind guests of social distancing.
- Please not touch other people’s equipment in the surfboard and wetsuit areas.
- Please do not take surfboards and wetsuits upstairs.
- Outside areas have limited seating, and we also have smoking areas.
- Signs are displayed to remind guests of social distancing.
- Outside areas should not be used after 10pm to keep noise levels to a minimum.
COMMUNAL AREAS –
When using communal areas please follow any signs displayed and give way wherever possible when using stairs and corridors.
Our self catering kitchen is back open with social distancing measures. Only two people can be in this area at one time and of course, masks must be worn when cooking and moving around. These areas are of course cleaned regularly and we ask you to help keep everything clean and wash surfaces and any equipment used when cooking. Opening hours of the kitchen are limited to when reception is open.
The lounge area and dining table has limited seating, allowing space for social distancing.
We have installed a small fridge, kettle and toaster in the dining area for guests to use for self catering meals. These must be used at a safe social distance and are cleaned regularly.
Our TV is temporarily closed.
We apologise for any inconvenience with the rules surrounding the communal areas; however, it is essential to limit these areas to the public. We hope that these limitations will benefit everybody’s health and safety in and around Newquay International Backpackers. Our full facilities will become available again as soon as government guidance permits.
Due to the seriousness of the covid-19 government guidelines, anyone seen to be disregarding these measures, may be asked to leave the hostel immediately.
WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY!